Fountain House's social enterprise programs are designed to create alternative employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship among members.
Social enterprise achieves a double bottom-line. It offers affordable, top-quality services to clients while providing employees from traditionally marginalized populations with the opportunity to enter the workforce and obtain invaluable job skills. Through innovative and entrepreneurial ventures, members learn industry specific skills that are transferable in the marketplace.
- Fountain House + Body creates and sells eco-friendly products ranging from bamboo toothbrushes and handmade dish-brushes, to organic cotton towels and glass water bottles. All of our products have minimal and low-waste packaging, and all of our cleaning solutions are sold in refillable glass bottles.
- Jack Rabbit Deliveries is an outdoor messenger service that delivers food products from subscription box service companies, farmers markets, and Meals on Wheels programs throughout NYC.
- Bluebird Designs is a floral arrangement and plant installation company that offers corporate gift giving and landscaping services.
- Rock Dove Industrial Services offers professional services by outsourcing corporate mailrooms.
- BeeWell provides peer support services to people with serious mental illnesses.
- Wildlife Works is a social enterprise incubator that provides payroll services, human resources, and other administrative tasks to social enterprises throughout NYC.