Position: Supported Housing Staff Worker (Active Reachout)
Reports To: Director of Housing Operations
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- Assist the members living in our housing program to maintain safe and decent housing.
- Conduct reach-out visits to members at their homes.
- Advocate on behalf of members with benefit organizations and government agencies.
- Support members with any other daily living skills they may need.
- Prepare and submit progress notes in a consistent and timely manner.
- Work on a team of members and staff to complete the tasks of the resource area.
- Actively participate in the running of the resource area and the entire Clubhouse in general.
- Interact with members and staff within the entire Clubhouse on a daily basis.
- Co-Manage transitional employment positions for our members.
- Create and run interesting and productive workshops w/ members and for members regularly.
- Have a valid driver’s license and an ability to drive in an urban setting.
- Other duties; as assigned.
- Must Possess Current and Valid US Work Authorization and be Eligible to Work for any US Employer without Sponsorship.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of mental illness preferred.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Time management skills in order to balance your paperwork with your work out in the field.
- Desire to go above and beyond for the well being of others.
- Ability to think on your feet and to adapt to any given situation.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff within Fountain House, staying late or arriving early, if necessary to fulfill unit or member needs.
- Team approach.
Salary: Low – Mid $30K
Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Flexible Spending Accounts
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to FHresidence@yahoo.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO