Position: P/T Substance Abuse Coordinator (20 hours per week)
Reports To: Director of Managed Care Relations
Serious mental illness affects 23 million people in the United States each year. The stigma, rejection, and isolation that accompany mental illness are often as damaging and debilitating as the illness itself.
Fountain House reduces the devastating social impact of mental illness. Every day, hundreds of members choose to come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities, and form friendships. Members and staff operate successful employment, education, wellness programs and work as partners to perform all the functions that keep our community going. Our activities and programs are designed to provide opportunities while producing the desire and confidence to pursue them. Working together, we create a culture that transforms lives. The Fountain House model has been replicated in more than 300 locations in 30 countries and 32 states and currently serves more than 100,000 people with mental illness worldwide. As originators of this approach, we provide leadership by constantly advancing the practice and by leading the conversation around mental health recovery. As a result, Fountain House has created a comprehensive Community System of Care. This includes a Clubhouse in both, Manhattan and the Bronx, Care Management, Home and Community‑Based Services and a large housing program ranging from 24 hour supervised residences to scattered site supported apartments. We are dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and helping members reach their potential.
- Support Fountain House entities, members and staff by assessing individualized SUD needs of those seeking assistance and making appropriate recommendations and support/rehabilitation/recovery plans.
- Develop partnerships and systems fostering rapid access to care across the SUD treatment spectrum to include Detox, Outpatient Treatment, Inpatient Treatment, Individual Therapy, MICA Housing, Group Interventions such as Harm Reduction and 12‑step programs; as well as new innovative methods of supports.
- Coordinate logistics and access plans, as well as transitions to care supports to above‑stated service type entities and partnerships.
- Conduct comprehensive educational series, both virtual and in-person, to members and staff of all Fountain House programs and entities.
- Work in a collaborative manner with all teams and clinical providers to ensure integration of our Community System of Care.
- Other duties; as assigned.
- Exemplary verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of computer software and electronic health record systems.
- Demonstrated competency in written and computational skills to present and document records in accordance with program standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the boroughs.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree and 2 years of experience in the substance abuse/mental health field preferred or a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience in the substance abuse/mental health field.
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), preferred.
- Spanish speaker a plus, but not required.
Hourly Rate: $28.00
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO.