Reports To: Security Supervisor
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- Ensure safety of building, by conducting timely rounds, ensuring doors and windows are properly locked and alarm system is functional and armed.
- Engage and work alongside members, as it pertains to the functions of security at Fountain House.
- Active participation in the maintenance and cleanliness of the House, including cleaning of stairs, buffing of floors, etc.
- Ensure daily cleaning of the front of the building before the House is opened, including, but not limited to, snow shoveling in the winter.
- Ability to work on a rotational basis, including covering shifts when necessary.
- Customer service focused when answering the telephone. Able to take messages properly and transfer calls accordingly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Other duties; as required.
- Familiarity of mental illness.
- Must be able to work the following schedule:
Sunday: 9AM - 5PM
Tuesday: 5PM - 1AM
Thursday: 1AM - 9AM
Friday: 5PM - 1AM
Saturday: 5PM - 1AM
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff in the House, staying late or arriving early, if necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
- Bilingual a plus.
Salary Range: $27,040
- Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Flexible Spending Accounts
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org.If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 646-395-7391.NO PHONE CALLS.EEO