Position Title: Part-Time Residence Staff Worker
Reports To: Residence Director
Work Location: 347 West 37th Street, New York, NY 10018
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
For more than 70 years, Fountain House has successfully addressed the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals, families, and communities through its pioneering clubhouse model, which provides a structured, therapeutic social community and the tools to break the bonds of social isolation faced by people living with mental illness, while also addressing their basic health and social needs such as access to healthcare, housing, employment, education, nutrition, and safety. Fountain House accomplishes this by working in partnership with its members – people living with mental illness – and putting them at the center of their own recovery.
Fountain House is the most widely replicated evidence-based model for people living with mental illness in the world with over 300 model programs serving over 100,000 people throughout the US and in more than 30 countries.
Fountain House is seeking a part-time Residence Staff Worker, who is able to work sixteen (16) hours per week from 12AM to 8AM on Saturday and Sunday. We are committed to providing exemplary care and assistance to our members in their home. We strive to create a caring, collaborative community where our residents will thrive and achieve their goals of living longer healthier lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well-being of members.
- Assist members with all aspects of community‑support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
- Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
- Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- Must be able to work from 12AM to 8AM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate within the agency and with external providers such as physicians, Social Security, Medicaid; etc.
- Must be able to work under pressure and during a crisis.
- Ability to meet deadlines for documentation.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Collaborative team approach.
Required and Preferred Education, Experience and Credentials:
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Flexibility, to work afternoon, evenings, and/ or weekends.
- Relevant experience in human services field, preferred.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
Hourly Rate: $15.38
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e‑mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fountain House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At this time Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor visas.