Position: Administrative Assistant - Operations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
1. Organize and maintain record keeping systems, supplies, calendar, schedules, files, etc.
2. Act as liaison between maintenance department and external vendors.
3. Perform record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the maintenance department with necessary materials.
4. Prepare a variety of written materials for the purpose of documenting projects and activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
5. Process documents and materials for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with program, district, state and/or federal requirements.
6. Other duties; as assigned.
1. Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
2. Bachelor’s degree required.
3. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
4. Must be dependable, flexible, proactive, approachable, learn from feedback and take initiative.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Bi-lingual a plus.
1. Paid Time Off Accrued for maximum of 23 days
2. Ten (10) Paid Holidays
3. Paid Bereavement Leave
4. Medical, dental and vision plans
5. Life Insurance paid by Fountain House (2x salary)
6. Optional Life Insurance
7. Long-Term Disability
8. Supplemental Short-Term Disability
9. Tuition Assistance
10. Flexible Spending Account
11. Health Savings Account
12. 403(b) Retirement Plan
Only those individuals meeting the requirements of the job will be contacted. To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to MaintenanceCareers@fountainhouse.org. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO