Rallying for mental health at the New York State capitalSince 2009, I’ve been going to Legislative Day, sponsored by the New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS), an advocacy organization that Fountain House has supported for over twenty years.
- Protecting the community mental health safety net
- Reinvesting savings from state hospital downsizing
- Enhancing Medicaid community recovery supports
- Protecting Medicaid beneficiary rights and medication access.
- Serving New Yorkers with psychiatric disabilities in the most integrated settings
- Creating a detailed Olmstead Plan
- Enhancing strategies to help distressed individuals
- Opposing psychiatric profiling
Clerical Unit and Advocacy Committee, Fountain House